This article will enhance your understanding why your system may be running sluggishly
Applies to: All SAM systems and Orion up to and including version 3.010
Does NOT apply to any Hosted sites
- Do you turn off your computer? It is a good practice to turn off ore restart your computer on a regular basis.
- Check your disk space on your computer and Server.
When there isn't enough disk space, performance will be impacted.
- Your Anti Virus might be scanning SAM files. Get your IT people to exclude the following files:
- For SAM: SAMWIN
For Orion: Systime
- On the server this is normally in the Root directory (C drive)
- For Workstations this is normally a mapped network drive, SAM is typically mapped to S Drive, while Orion is typically mapped to O Drive
- Get your IT person to Restart the SERVER. A Restart of your server clears off the current state of the software and starts over again.
- Your network might be slow, get your IT person to check this.
SAM and Orion up to and including version 3.010 uses a lot of Bandwidth and will highlight any issues in your network, including minor ones.
Make sure that all PC's have set their Ethernet network speed to 1Gbps - Check with your local IT hardware support on ways to do this.
You must NOT use a WiFi connection.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Our Support team are here to help, you can reach us by submitting a support ticket
or calling us on 09 583 2455