NB: you can use the second method even if you have SMS turned on in Orion
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- With SMS turned on in Orion
- Without SMS turned on in Orion - One off bulk SMS request's
With SMS turned on in Orion
You first need to set-up a promotion
Go to the Marketing module, then choose Maintenance (3) > Promotion (4)
Here you will see a list of promotions that have already been set-up
Click on Insert (1) to create a new one or change (2) to edit an existing one.
1. You are able to filter the list to further define who to send the messages to
2. There are several different Types of pre defined lists you can use
3. SMS is an option here as well
Running a promotion
No surprise here - click on Run Promotion, the select the promotion from the drop down list
Choose the output type (1), then click on Run (2)
It will then bring up the following screen:
1. Type the message you want to send in here
NB: This will send one message per 160 characters. i.e. if the message is 161 characters then two messages will be sent and the second will only have one letter....
2. You can delay sending the message to a specific date and time
3. This the number of characters already used (helpful for #1 above)
4. You are able to use a pre written text from the library
1. It is HIGHLY recommended that this is used, normally the list is quite long so it's hard to see them
2. Delete single customers from the list as needed
Click on ‘OK’ when ready to send
This is simply a representation of the message being sent.
Without SMS turned on in Orion - One off bulk SMS request's
1. Your email address
2. The message you want to send - There is a 160 character limit.
3. The date and time you want to send the message
4. A list of customers you want to send the message to
a. This will need to have two columns: The Customer Keycode & their cell phone number
b. Click on THIS LINK to see how to do this