How to edit or update the details of a vehicle, such as owner, VIN/Rego number, WOF/Reg expiry and follow-up/reminder details?
You'll be creating vehicles and updating the next service reminder details as part of your everyday processes of booking and managing jobs, but from time to time you might need to look up and update the details of existing vehicles in your system, here's how...
To view the list of vehicles in your system go to Workshop > Vehicle Enquiry:
From here, you can use the search tools to locate the vehicle you need to update; when found, click the vehicle to open its details:
All the key vehicle details are displayed in the top section, such as make/model, year and owner.
Most fields can be edited directly, however, if you want to change the Owner of the vehicle, just click the magnifying glass icon to view your customer list and select a new 'owner'.
Changing Registration Number: You must use the desktop version of Orion to change vehicle registration numbers, this functionality is not currently available in Remote Workshop.
In the grey band at the middle of the screen, you can select between the various pages of extended details that can be edited against a vehicle as follows:
- General – vehicle details such as VIN, engine and chassis numbers, WOF/COF/Rego expiry, gross and tare weight, country of origin, etc
- Warranty – record mechanical and manufacturer warranty details against the vehicle
- Notes – free text entry notes to be stored against a vehicle
- User-Defined – will display any custom fields you have set up for vehicles in the system setup.
- Followups – Edit and maintain follow-up/reminder details for the vehicle
- Fleet – record details of any fleet the vehicle belongs to
Make sure to click Save, to save any changes you have made to the vehicle’s details!